Believe it or not, summer is coming to an end. Teachers are gearing up for new classes (or have already started!), fall decorations are popping up in stores and “back-to-school” signs are in nearly every store. The end of summer, for many, means the end of flexible schedules and lazy days. Vacations are done and schedules are back.
Starting back to school can be an exciting and stressful time of year for families. Juggling school, work, extra activities, etc. can be a challenge. To help you jump into the new schedule, we’ve included some helpful tips. Check them out!
- Set your kids’ sleep schedules back to “School Time” two weeks before the first day.
- Visit cultural attractions like museums to shift their brains into “Scholar” mode.
- Hire an after-school sitter to help care for your kids while you’re at work.
- Encourage your kids to read at least one book before the school year begins.
- Reacquaint your kids with the calendar schedule they’ll use to manage their activities.
- Try apps like iHomework or MyHomeWork to help your kids organize assignments.
- Let kids choose a planner or scheduling tool that they’re excited to use.
- Set up weekly meetings to review your kids’ schedules for the week(s) ahead.
- Create a family calendar that tracks everyone’s activities and commitments.
- Refresh your rules about screen time for the school year. What’s allowed and when?
- Establish a set “Family Time,” whether it’s during dinner or before bed.
- Give kids a specific day to when they can choose all the activities you do together.
- Determine how long it takes them to do assignments to help with time management.
- Help your kids develop a filing system for organizing their documents for each class
- Set — and enforce — regular weekday and weekend bedtimes.
- Set — and enforce — regular weekday and weekend wake-up calls.
- Keep track of existing extracurricular activities to prevent over-scheduling.
The Choice Insurance Agency. We’re on YOUR side. 757-416-5100.
The Choice Insurance Agency’s mission is to help you get from where you are to where you want to be financially by planning, achieving your plan and protecting your plan from unexpected events. In the process, our goal is to deliver insurance services in a manner that exceeds your expectations. See what The Choice Insurance Agency can do for you today. Give us a call at 757-416-5100 to speak with one of the licensed, professional members of our team or request a contact here. The Choice Insurance Agency. We’re on YOUR side. 757-416-5100 .